Sure, when you're throwing a party it's easy to put up balloons and streamers, but it's easy to forget one of the most important things: memories. You know all that money you spent on entertainment? The clown? The magician? You're naturally going to want to snap some photos, but if you don't decorate properly, the photos will be bland. And that's just one of the potential problems.
Step 1 Plan your decorations
You are going to be able to decorate most of the venue without having to consider the entertainment, and that's not so hard. Decorate in your favorite ways with your favorite types of party favors.
Step 2 Decide where the entertainer will be
Whether you are planning on having a singer, a clown or a magician, you are likely going to have to set aside one specific spot for them to be. This will be your makeshift stage. It's important to identify this before you start decorating.
Step 3 Don't ignore the stage area
This is where most people go wrong. Far too often the performance space is left free of all decorations. So far as the entertainer is concerned, this is no big deal. Remember though, you want to take photos, especially if the guests get involved in the show. So take time to add some color behind the performance area, so that you don't end up with dull, bland photos later on. It will also help make the show more spirited.
Step 4 Make sure you didn't overdo it
Too many decorations can be a bad thing. Remember that the most important part of having entertainment at the party is to have them entertain. If a display of balloons obstructs your guests' view, then you've gone too far.
Step 5 Check with the entertainment
Before putting the finishing touches on your decorating job, you should check with the band, magician, or whoever is going to perform. Make sure they are okay with the types of decorations you've put up in their performance space.
- Party entertainment may have equipment that can get hot, and they may even use fire in the act. If this is the case, you will want to ensure you don't have flammable decorations anywhere near that area.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades